Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard 2011

This was the view from our front window this morning.


View from the front door.

It was still snowing and the winds were still pretty strong all morning, so we had to wait to head outside. Instead we brought snow in and put it in the kitchen sink and Brooke & Drew used colored water to paint and melt it!

Once it stopped snowing and Randy had dug us out a little, we bundled up to go out to play.





Dallin wouldn't walk in his big snow boots, but was content to sit at the edge of the garage and play with a shovel in the snow.

Drew loves to shovel!

Brooke was pretty excited about the huge piles of snow to climb on.



I'm not sure what happened with this picture, but I guess it's fitting b/c my dad was like the snowblowing ghost - going from house to house and clearing out driveways. He did his driveway and sidewalks and then Debbie's and 2 other neighbors before walking all the way to our house with the snowblower to help do our driveway! Randy has always insisted on not getting a snowblower b/c he insists that he enjoys shoveling, but I think this was even a bit much for him and he was very grateful for the help.









1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. It has clearly been too long since I lived in a cold climate because those pictures give me anxiety!

    ReplyDelete